Follow along with Rosie in this ZOOM Video call class and learn how to decorate a sweet buttercream covered cake with some piped flowers and a fondant heart decoration. This class is limited to 6 students per session so each and every student has the time to receive the attention and feedback necessary for skill development and improvement. This class is catered to beginner to intermediate level cake decorators.
CLASS DATE AND TIME:
Sunday the 12th of February at 9.30am AEDT (Melbourne Aus Time)
Class ZOOM link invitation will be e-mailed to students 2 hours before class commences.
In this class, you will learn how to:
- Pipe roses and blossoms using a #104 piping tip
- How to pipe leaves using a #352 piping tip
- How how to level, tort, fill, crumb coat and final coat your cakes using buttercream.
- Learn how to create razor sharp edges on your buttercream cakes
- Learn how to professionally cut your cakes for uniform and equal looking slices every time.
This class is estimated to run for two and a half hours. May go overtime!
What you will need:
- 10 inch cake board
- Two 6 inch round cakes
- Serrated knife
- Offset spatula (8 inches long works well)
- Cake turn table
- Frosting scraper
- Three small bowls (to colour our buttercream)
- 3 teaspoons
- One batch of buttercream frosting (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elxRoPGOBPQ)
- Teal, pink, and green gel food colours (or gel food colours of your choice)
- Two #104 piping tips and one #352 piping tip
- Floral nail
- Baking paper
- Three piping bags
- Edible silver pearls
- Two love heart cutters (2cm size difference works well)
- Corn starch or icing sugar to dust fondant
- Rolling pin
- 60 grams of fondant, approximately
- A plate that fits in your freezer
- A small brush to brush water onto our fondant heart
Thank you for your interest! We hope to see you there :)